The managing director of ConsulWrite is Dr. Arieh Bomzon who is a retired Associate Professor of Pharmacology and former Associate Dean for Research of the Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine at the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel. He has considerable knowledge on science publishing in the life, health and veterinary sciences.
His previous academic positions were:
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Physiology, Medical School, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Physiology, Dental School, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Visiting Associate Professor, School of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical School, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
His qualifications are:
- A veterinary degree from the University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia.
- A PhD in physiology from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- A postgraduate certificate in editing from Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
He has extensive experience in science as an independent researcher:
- He has published 100+ peer-reviewed publications in medical, dental, and veterinary science journals plus chapters in several medical texts.
- He has received many peer-reviewed grants over the course of his academic career.
- He is a deputy editor of the journal Laboratory Animals.
- He is an associate editor of the Journal of Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods.
- He was an associate editor for the Israel Journal of Veterinary Science.
- He was a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Hepatology and Archives of Toxicology, Kinetics and Xenobiotic Metabolism.
- He was a reviewer for numerous life, health, and veterinary science journals. These journals include Hepatology; Journal of Hepatology; Gastroenterology; GUT; Digestive Diseases and Sciences; American Journal of Physiology; Clinical and Investigative Medicine; Journal of Molecular Medicine; Renal Failure; Journal of Neurochemistry; Life Sciences; British Journal of Pharmacology; Clinica Acta Chimica; Pediatric Research; Journal of Ethnopharmacology; Redox Report; Laboratory Animals; Comparative Medicine; Nitric Oxide; Biochemical Systematics and Ecology; Journal of Gastroenterology; Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology.
- He was a reviewer for many granting agencies.
He is a member of the European Association of Science Editors.